Heads up, dear readers: the review queue is looking flush.
In the past seven days, in case you missed it, I:
- Reappraised Benu pens from Russia
- Found myself getting hate mail after critiquing the Venvstas Magna
- Enjoyed the relatively budget Narwhal Original (wherever its nib comes from)
- Gave you some tips on checking your own nibs when they arrive
- Completed a hat trick of Cleo Skribent reviews, reviewing the bargainous Classic.
And while I’m not sure I’ll be keeping up a near-daily posting rate (remember, it is just me pouring hours into this blog), I do have some marvellous things in the queue for you, either already in my possession or soon to be inbound. To whet your appetite:
- The last of my products from Galen Leather, including their Tomoe notebooks and notepads, and the co-branded Kaweco Sport Cognac.
- Two pens from under-the-radar British maker John Garnham, who is causing quite a stir on Facebook.
- A pocket pen from Irish wood wizard Leonard Slattery, who has followed Ian Schon in the move from Bock to JoWo!
- A couple of Sailor-style stacked nibs from upcoming nib prodigy Jose Munuera
- Esterbrook’s revised Pen Nooks v2 — and a special surprise
- The Prussian Blue TWSBI from Write Here
- Italy’s Maiora from Izods
- My first try at the venerable ST Dupont courtesy of Pure Pens
And that’s just for starters. I have a whole list of other products to review, plus ideas for more editorial posts, like introducing you to the new ink journal notebook I started this week.
I also want to give you a heads up about a new page on the site, called ‘Working with UK Fountain Pens‘. Alongside my Ethics page, it gives you a totally transparent picture of how I work with makers, brands and retailers to get a review on to this blog. Two requests:
- If you have any feedback or ideas on that page and how I work, do drop me an email at email@example.com.
- If there’s a product you’re interested in, whether it’s a pen, ink, notebook or something else, and you want me to review it before you spend your hard-earned cash on it, please drop the company a message linking them to that page and ask them to get in touch with me.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend and stay tuned!