I moaned in my State of the Collection blog recently that I had a lot of old favourites sitting unloved in my pen drawer. So for this week’s loadout I’m leaving the Karas Ink, Nakaya and Conids behind and rediscovering old flames.
I’m taking a brief trip for work to Manchester this week, which will involve a lot of note-taking, so I’m choosing carefully.
I am pretty sure this is inked with Tsuki-Yo. It’s a fuss-free, flowing medium and seamlessly comfortable.
Visconti Homo Sapiens
Scary when the finest nib in your pen case is a Visconti! I’ll be making dense notes and writing lists with this. Let’s hope KWZ Azure #5 doesn’t smudge too much.
I used the 149 a lot today. It seems to have got wetter than I remember! The colour-changing Homer Greek Blue is an endless delight.
Visconti London Fog
I’m almost ready for another fill of Edelstein Topaz in the London Fog. I expect to run it dry this week.
It transpires I’ve picked all blue inks and all silver trims apart from the odd-one-out Sheaffer. Its soft gold finish, soft broad nib and the calming Edelstein Aquamarine ink will be my companion in the late nights this week.
I can’t believe the London Pen Show has rolled around already. This time again I’m taking my daughter with me. I’ve got my parking booked and I’m starting to build my list of things to see and do at the show. Not easy without an exhibitor list!
Here’s my plan so far:
- Head to the Writing Desk to get my hands on a Conway Stewart to see what the fuss is about.
- Ogle some Yard o Leds. I’m on a sterling silver kick right now.
- Nip to Martini Auctions (if they’re there) and keep my fingers crossed that there’s a ruthenium Graf Classic Macassar for a bargain price.
- Swap a nib for a buddy at the ASC stand.
- Drop my EF Pelikan nib off for a tune.
- See if Pure Pens have any bargain Kaweco Art Sports (I know, I know…).
- Threaten to bankrupt myself looking at Oldwins.
- See if there are any cheap Pelikan M815s to conflict myself over.
- Maybe finally pick up an Opus88 Demonstrator.
Beyond that, I’m all set for inks and there are precious few pens on my wishlist. A good place to be?!
I expect a good bunch of the local pen meet folks will be there, so I’m looking forward to bumping into them and swapping bargains.
What’s on your list?